Welcome to Ringwood Bowls Club Inc
The Ringwood Lawns Bowls Club Inc. is located in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne about 25km from the city centre.
The Club’s history shows that it formed in May 1929, with the Ladies Section following in 1959. The original Club was built on land (where Eastland Shopping Centre now stands) donated to the Council for the purpose of Lawn Bowls by the Bamford Family, since then it has gone through a number of transitions and has resided in its current location since January 1997.
The bowling club is one of the finest venues in Melbourne boasting 2 turf greens and 1 non-living Promaster green. All three greens are of eight rink square international size. Two of the greens are floodlit to enable year-round bowling.
The modern Clubhouse is spacious and gives a very attractive outlook over the greens and our well manicured gardens, and ample and secure off-street parking.
The club has an active social program throughout the year.
The Clubhouse is a wonderful venue for functions and seminars and is available for hire on non-bowling days and evenings for these events.
The use of the Eagle as the centerpiece of the Club Uniform and Promotional Material arise from the early history of the area.
“Mullum Mullum” is believed to be a Wurundjeri People expression meaning “place of many big birds” and so historians have interpreted it to mean “Place of Many Eagles”
Club Song: (to the Marseilles’)
We are the Bowlers from Ringwood Club
We wear the colours Gold, Green and Blue
We’ll always fight for Victory
We’ll always see it through
All for One, One for All
We’ll answer the call,
Go Eagles, Ringwood Eagles
We’ll bowl the winning score
You’ll see the Eagle soar…